Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I seem to be awake more; the hours between 2 and 5 a.m. spent with my eyes wide open, reluctant to lose the luscious warmth of my quilt, yet brain on overdrive.
Oh, well. I used to punch the pillows and toss and turn, and now I take the time to dream, dream big and well, to touch the soft contours of my body in thankfulness, and not worry about it.
I am wearing boots, leather that smells good boots, and a red sweater. I am on Oprah, and even in my daydream I blush, because I am being vain. She interviews me about my latest book, and gushes over my metaphors and deep mysticism.
I blush again, knowing that is all crap and all I want to do is tell stories, and make enough money to travel about like a Celtic fairy and tell more stories.
I laugh at myself, liking the boots and red sweater, and fall back asleep, right on cue, at 5 a.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Upon the quilt your comfort is spilt- the train of 2 to 5 still seeks refrain; such is the tendancy of morning brain. Would you blush to know that your Oprah mirrors a vanity that gushes its color but loses knowledge of the hue? Tell your stories old one but leave the fairy to touch you as a daughter not as a trickster.