Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Case of the Missing Cat



Three weeks ago I agreed to foster-mom a 5 month old orange tomcat for our local cat rescue league. I already have a year old gray female cat named Sassy, and she didn't like the newcomer ONE BIT. I named the newcomer Hugsly because once on my lap, he was a cuddly little lover.



Once he was off my lap, he was so timid he hid in the oddest places...squeezing behind the fireplace, under cupboards and behind the dryer. His nightly skirmishes with Queen Sassy didn't help matters, as she defended her spot on my bed with the ferocity of a tiger.



Now he is just plain invisible. I haven't seen him in a week and I know he didn't skip out the door. I have been telling myself it will just take time for him to feel at home, but where the heck is he??? I know it's really starting to bug me because last night I dreamt I got up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night and he was in the kitchen.

Where is that cat?

No comments: