Sunday, October 11, 2009

I have to call today a rainbow day. You can be driving along, thinking about all the things you haven't done, have to do, or wish you done and then you see a rainbow and all that "stuff" is forgotten in the sheer wonder and beauty of God's prism strewn across the sky like a bouquet of flowers.

I haven't had an easy time lately with my emotions. My expectations of what life should be like at 54 in my imagination are far from my daily reality.

Lets just say I read too many Jane Eyre novels interspersed with spicy romance novels to even have a clue about how real relationships and life works.

But back to the rainbow... I bitched and moaned to my best friend about EVERYTHING he did wrong, and forgot to take each day I COULD enjoy with him just like the word says phonetically "IN JOY".

We took a vagabond trip to artist Andrew Wyeth's showcase museum..

Oh! To stand and be close enough to touch art such as his! Each beam of wood so detailed I could taste the splinter on my tongue!

His nude of Simi as a young girl and her emergence as a woman puddled in the water of virginity..OH!

His Helene (might be wrong on the name but the painting was ecstatic) with the sunlight glinting off her yellow braid of hair and her feminine brush like a golden spindle of desire...

His white wagon delineated in the moonlight and reflected on patches of snow with the darkness stabbed by layer and layer of black and blacker and ebony...

How did he do it? What was inside him, what vacillating vision of darkness and light forced his brush?

Kittycat just walked across the keyboard...

Sign to stop this post of a cherished rainbow day I will wear as a necklace of life.

No comments: