Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Wednesday Morning~~
Before i opened my eyes this morning, i heard the redbird sing. The wind ruffled through the sheer white curtains in my bedroom, and i sat up, looking for my first glimpse of my totem bird since i have been in maryland. I heard her clearly, but couldnt see her.
Not yet. I haven't seen her yet. This concerns me, because i inhabit a world of secret signs and omens, that somehow overlap and fit into my everyday practicality.
I am fighting a war right now. It is a singular war, against depression and low self-esteem. It keeps me from writing, because i see my words as a whining, woe-is-me victim, instead of the poet-warrior i am meant to be.
So, today as i heard the redbird, and didn't see her, i DO take it as a sign..A sign that all will be well, even if i don't see it. I just have to work with what i have, keep exploring the area until it becomes familiar, find solace in the sea, and put on a happy face.
Today J. has a job interview at 12 noon, working for a Doggie-hotel. Can you believe it? A bed and breakfast for dogs. Last night we got out the papers for the Home Schooling program, and we will call on that today..or rather, HE will call, i will just be standing by.
I am faxing my resume to a local newspaper, looking for a classified salesperson...sounds interesting, so, why not? I am also going to get in touch with the District Mgr. of one the national drugstores i used to work at, it's decent, all year round employment, with good benefits. What does it matter, as long as i write my book in the meantime?
Off i go, to fight my war, to find beauty where i can, to keep active, to keep a smile on my face, and hope in my heart. Later.

1 comment:

Amadeus said...

Maybe it's not meant to be seen. Maybe that fact that you cannot see the redbird is in fact your sign that sometimes even though we can't see the big-picture, the end result, or the light at the end of the tunnel - this excruciating uncertainty in your life right now may be a test of your trust and faith in God and in yourself. You can't see the redbird, but you know he's there... you can't see God either, but you know He's there. Listen with your heart, trust and follow your spirit. As you know, things must be broken down before they are built back up - even stronger and tougher than they originally were. God does this to those He loves and those who love Him. Call it tough love if you will. Just keep in mind.. those old and ragged brown work gloves.