Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Somewhere in the middle of the presence process I became fascinated with the game of Solitaire. I now think that in itself is hilarious, because solitaire, of course, is a game played by and for oneself!

Astonishingly, I would win game after game until the point became not how many times I won, but how fast.

It then became a game a game of strategy and I forgot to check my time score. Even the winning lost its luster as I realized it was the game itself I enjoyed.

The cards started to impact me with symbolism..~if there was a dearth of Queens, I know I wasn’t getting anywhere with no mommas in the picture. Kings became dads and jacks became sons and daughters. All had important roles to play and unless they were there the game was over.

Even the number cards started to weave themselves into endless patterns of interconnectedness.

I know I am on to something here.

In the meantime, Solitaire, anyone?

No comments: