Thursday, March 26, 2009

Today is misty and cool with bare trees topped with redbuds and white pear blossoms getting ready to burst.

I'm getting ready to burst too. Saturday morning before sunrise I'll be at the airport, ready to fly home to Michigan to see my firstborn grandbaby.

This has been a yearning for almost 2 years now, as he'll be 2 in July.

My son and his incredible woman bought me a ticket with their tax return! It was completely unexpected, and work and home and time seemed to flow effortlessly to make the trip happen.

All I have left to do is attend a company gathering this evening, go to work tomorrow morning, and dress up as a mysterious gypsy and read tarot cards for the local parrothead fundraiser tomorrow night. I like to play dressup and read cards, so it ought to be fun.

Then into the sky and into my family's arms!!! I'm so thankful I can feel my heart swelling in my chest.

No comments: