Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Wednesday Night~~
Last night before i slept, i decided that if i didn't hear about working at the Senior Citizen Center, that i would take a job, any job, today. I was calm about my decision, but sorrowful..wanting so much to combine work with pleasure..for that is what it is for me each time i am there. I decided that i would still volunteer, any time i could, so it wouldn't be a total loss.
Yes, the darkest hour of night has passed..I am meeting the Big Kahuna from the Commission on Aging tomorrow at 10:15am. The present Director called me an hour or two after the phone call from the Big Guy, and said that i was going to be offered the secondary position. She said she had been on pins and needles, because there was a waiting list for the job, from people in the field, and he had chosen me over 20 some applicants. It's not for sure yet, i refuse to count those chickens before i see them hatched...buuuuttttt...it sure is looking good. Thanks, God. Later.

4 comments:

Flora van Stek said...

Good Luck Today!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much, Flora!! I am up, dancing in my seat, excited to go on the interview....

Anonymous said...

Blue Bird says: Calm Down and remeber your inner strength. You have all the makings to be the right person for this job opportunity. Be yourself and you will be rewarded.

Lisa said...

Bluebird!!! I got the job!!!! I am so happy!!! thanks for your love and encouragement.