Friday, March 26, 2004

I am up!!!Seems self-reliance is a continuing theme for me. No more white, I am UP!!Seems like my cookies gave the site indigestion., or something. All i know is that when i really want something, i get it....even going by way of blind ignorance...
I never got out of my nightgown today. My token glance to propriety was to put on my batik robe when someone came in....and, with two teenage boys, someone is ALWAYS coming in....
A meat vendor came to the door., and extolted the virtues of his beef and chicken and shrimp., all the while looking at my barefeet and deranged curls and my robe clutched to my middle(I can't find the sash). Poor him....never judge a book by it's cover...By the time he finished, i got 8 filet mignons he tried to sell me for 45.00 for 20 dollars....and, i gave him my card in case he needed a new mattress set.
My neighbor drove by and yelled" I've got some meat i can show ya"...I had to laugh..Spring has sprung, the urge to mate and flirt and reveal in warmth is back., even in my neighbor Chuck, normally so mild mannered and quiet....
My hands smell like garlic and onions and spices....I made an all day pot of chicken soup...The real kind, starting with a chicken. Simmered gently, with hunks of celery, onion, carrots, and garlic....until the meat is tender, sliding off the bone...then strained, strained again., til a clear broth runs true....The broth in the freezer, so all the fat rises to the top., to be skimmed and thrown away....the meat pulled off the bone., the last thing to go into the finished soup...A virgin pallette.....clear., strong, lovely broth.....should i do grandma alice's simple., delicious version, with finely chopped onions, carrots, and celery? or should i play....
I decided on adding both grandma's to my pot....grandma mary was italian...in her honor i am adding garlic, sun dried tomatos.,mini penne, and artichoke hearts....grandma alice was german/dutch...i will add parsnips., too. When it is done,
i will top it with parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley.
Food is sex to me. Food is writing to me. It follows no recipe., it is just existing on being delicious...time to check the soup......

No comments: