Monday, March 29, 2004

Nine am and i am fresh out of a glorious shower. I love the weight of my hair down my back as the hot water streams over me.I feel extra-charged up today, ready to take on the world. The sky is still a dull gray, but the maples have turned red with buds, and my first crocuses have bloomed in a bouquet of purple, yellow and white. I stepped out the backdoor barefoot, and felt the cold, new grass under my feet as i listened to the cardinals singing "pretty,pretty,pretty" in the trees.
Youngest son made it home just fine. My mother antenna is still up, but he said yesterday was an all day jam session with the other band members. I am thinking that the tail end of motherhood might just be the hardest part, watching them break away, wanting them to break away, and yet still under your roof so you get to watch their wiley attempts to keep you in the dark as to what is really going on.Time's flying, and i have to stop and dress for work....later.

No comments: