Saturday, March 27, 2004

Time to go back to work today. I only have an hour to get ready and be there for the sales meeting.I wonder how many people really enjoy their job? Why do we slip into jobs that we really don't love, when we spend so much time working?I broke away two years ago, and got a job cooking in an exclusive gourmet catering firm. I had to get up at 5am,pull every curl back into a severe bun, and wear baggie chef whites. It was hot, physical and stressful. But i loved it! My sharp knife slicing, chopping, mincing. My fingers working dough.Knowing by feel, by intuition, just how much spice to add. When something was perfectly done without watching a clock. It left me free to daydream, lost in stories and fantasies, while my body never stopped. But there just wasn't enough money in it...If it had been just me, i would have sold the house and moved to a one room apt. Got rid of the fancy car and bought a junker. I don't have the same definition of success that most americans seem to have. But, i'm raising my kids, and they need a stable home, and that takes money, more money then a chef asst. makes..I wept when i made the decision to go back to sales. I knew what i was in for again. Oh well....my time will come. This blog seems to have a life of it's own. I am really curious to see what thread all this rambling has to pull it together. later....

No comments: