Thursday, March 17, 2005

March 17th
I don't know how i did it, but it is exactly within the week of my first blog, a year ago, that i am now a published author. I write a column now, in a local newspaper called the Bayside Gazette. All day i squirmed and dreamed at work(another mattress store...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH), as i waited to get off work and see if it was real...
I went to the grocery store, one of the places they distribute the local papers. Nonchalantly i picked up the paper, and walked inside...Hmnn, seedless white grapes, on sale for 1.79...in the cart they went. A smile just started to smirk across my face,...but, i resisted the urge to look...was i REALLY there, in print?
Beans on sale., garbanzos to make my garlic roasted red pepper hummus, and black beans to make chicken and rice, with cumin...Pepsi, (okay, not good for me, but what a nice sugur rush), and cat food, and sweet smelling hair conditioner...
I couldn't resist anymore literary foreplay...I urgently opened the paper..and there i was, staring out at me with a wry smile...all curly haired and bespeckled with my hand on my chin..I whipped my head to the right, to the left...I almost felt like i had been caught masterbating in public, or, at the very least, naked...
Then a slow, delightful, all encompassing warmth filled me...I DID it! Through all life's twists and turns, through all my self doubt and self circuits, i DID it...
Now there is no stopping me. .Because the floodgates are opened, because all is possible, because I am so happy...Later.

No comments: