Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Wednesday Night~~
If you read yesterday's blog, you know i published my second column, due out tomorrow in the Gazette.
It just tells half of the story. In truth, each word was like walking with a piece of glass in my foot...painful, but necessary to get where i was going.
For i was the "assistant" to Shelby. I was the other half of the team, i was the one that laughed, and nurtured, and loved the seniors.
I made the choice to quit, because my insane boss at the mattress store was unwilling to let me work both jobs. I was willing; I didn't care how many hours i worked, and never have cared, as long as i could do something that i loved, and still take care of my family.
Once again, the scenario unfolded...did i do what i loved, or take care of who i loved? I gave up the kitchen concession in Florida because it was the job, or the kids survival. I gave up the gourmet cooking job in Michigan, for the same reason. I couldn't do both;both jobs would have made great money eventually, but, eventually isn't quick enough when you have to pay rent, and doctors bills, and buy healthy groceries for growing kids.
Me, i wouldnt mind living on the 4 basics...Coffee, tunafish, peanutbutter, and wine. Not the recommended diet for growing boys, though.
Me, i wouldn't mind a one room flat, with a hotplate and and plant in the window.Not exactly the white picket fence and the stability kids need.
And then the third strike;..did i stay at the senior center, where i felt fulfilled, needed, and doing God's work, or cut and run to pay my Maryland responsibilities, my Mich. responsibilites, car payments, ect? Not to mention taking on J., and his "challenges". So, i left the center.
By God, nothing is going to stop my writing now. Enough is enough. I won't let this chance to feel my soul sing pass me by. Money or no money. Kids or no kids.
This one's for me.
Later.

No comments: