Friday, April 08, 2005

Friday, April 8th
I feel like a nomad in duststiffened jeans and worn shoes. I don't know how i made it thru this winter, struggling like crazy with bosses intent on making me their concubines, pay that i made when i was 20, and juggling finances and justin and my heart vrs. my head.
But, make it i did. The daffadils are nodding their golden heads, and somehow remind me of the sleepy field of poppies in the wizard of oz. I want to tip each of their heads up, look into their eyes, and say WAKE UP! But, who am i to tell another living creature how to enjoy their day?
I am ablaze with the thought of flowers to plant, i can see them breaking through the earth, tiny slivers of brave green, nourished by sun and water into boisterous flowers...streaming scent and colour and winking with delight at life.
I tried on my jeans that i wore the first time i met Rikk....somehow, the comedy went like this....PULL! PULL!! TUG! TUG!! Huh? what's wrong with these pants? did they SHRINK, in storage over the winter? Must be the humidity in the attic...
Nah...my hips are wider and my belly a little buddha. Thank God it all looks better, naked, lying down. Still, that's no excuse. I will keep walking, stop eating ice cream, and get back into those cute little tiny jeans with the winking tear over my right cheek.
Got a new job...not a maybe job, not a just-ANYTHING-to-survive-job,but a sales position with a national bedding company. Full benefits, paid training, ect. I am not loving it, of course, because it isnt where my heart is...but, I will seize the opportunity to get out of debt, get ahead., while i continue my writing.
Time to go try on the rest of my summer clothes. I think i am going to be rudely awakened, and can see alot of South Beach menus in my near future....later...

No comments: