Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday, April 4th~~
I know i have been consumed by my column in the paper...rediculous, really, in the grand scheme of things, but not so rediculous, in my own scheme.
And isnt that the way it really is? I love tulips, i can sit in the cold and dirt and study their form and structure and touch their leaves, waiting to delight in their color, their intrinsic femininity, get pollen on my nose, that alien male touch, that tickles, that sticks, just as a man, in his desire, sticks to a woman.
Uhoh. I can hear those that love me starting to squack..."don't be so open! watch your boundries! have some MYSTERY!"
Truth be told, within my smile, within my words, so open and free, I am as the tulip, layered, opening only with the sun, done in by rabbits and small, nibbling creatures, closing tight, and holding fast, against the pecularities of spring.
Cold won't destroy me. Neither will rain, nor sleet, and snow. I guess the worst I can go through is a bit of frostbite, or maybe a season or two without flowering.
I can handle that. Cuz i know my roots grab deep. Later.

No comments: