Saturday, September 18, 2004

Saturday, Early afternoon~~
It's still gray and listless out, but, that's okay. Things are up and down with Justin, but, that's okay, too. I feel a deep sense of anticapation, like christmas is almost here. Why? I don't know. I found a course on fiction writing at the local community college, and i am going to take it. It starts this tuesday night.
I haven't heard from the drugstore yet, but, i think i am going to get it, anyway, with my background and just, well, because i think i am.
I am waking up again in the middle of the night, wide awake, staring into the darkness. I am not afraid, i am not lonely, merely....wide awake...I pull the curtains aside, and look out into the darkness of the backyard. Nothing stirs, nothing beacons, but, i still get the feeling i am being watched, and measured, and soon, the last piece of the puzzle will fall into place.
Our first official non-family house guest is here. His name is George, and he is very affable. He brought my sister and robert a bottle of Mumm's champagne for a houseworking gift. He's a vegetarian, so, i guess he won't be eating any of the bacon i cooked for brunch.(oops!)
Jan is off, doing her social butterfly thing, and i have set a beautiful brunch table with the Dutch blue china, and a yellow and blue tablecloth.
I nibbled on bagels she brought down from Manhattan, and faded away to write here in Mermaids....Today i think we are going to virginia, to chincoteague island, the virginia counterpart to assateaque island. Another adventure......later.

No comments: