Thursday, September 23, 2004

Thursday afternoon~~
Typing fast here, on the cuff, because my computer seems to have the same malady i have....never sure wheither it is coming or going. It took me 4 hours of trying today, and the internet provider, though supremely willing to help me, was as confounded as i. The only way i can connect is to pray, and keep shutting it down until it finally magically works..Amadeus, my computer wizard, wish you were here!
All excited about aunt patti, kelly, and the kids coming. I am cleaning the house like mad, even though it's not dirty. I am going to the store, and doing my best to have welcoming foods. I love them, plain and simple. My family has a heart, so big, so glorious, that i cannot even find the words to explain what they mean to me. They are a pink velvet ribbon on a little girl's throat...they are the wicked waves of a storm tossed sea, they are as luscious as a garden tomato, ripe in the sun, and the vastness of the sky. Overwritten, hopelessly in love with my family? Hopelessly romantic? Yes...i am all of those things. And i can only repay them with cookies and meatballs........
The interview went fine...wonderful, as a matter of fact. The district manager looked like a skinny Ronald Reagan, so, as we chatted, i pretended i was talking to Patrick Swayze in a ronald reagan mask...what was that movie????I was glad i had on a long skirt, because i caught myself crossing and uncrossing my legs,not such a good thing to do in a job interview, but, great for flirting with Patrick Swayze(sorry, George)...Ha!! You thought i forgot i embarass you from time to time, my darling brother?
The only opening is an hour and a half away, in virginia...I am so torn....if i take it, then i start work monday...if not...the only opening is two to three weeks away., i don't know if i can hold out that long....Any advise????
Back to my work, and hopefully i will be able to be online later.
Blogging is like a love affair; I cannot help but anticipate, rushing to see if my lover has responded....and, i always want more.
Later...........

1 comment:

Amadeus said...

Ahhh... the old Ronald Reagan mask movie - Great movie indeed! It was released in 1991 - "Point Break". Patrick Swayze (Bodhi), Keanu Reeves (Johnny Utah), Gary Busey (Pappas), Lori Petty (Tyler) -Patrick´s the Bad Guy that you hate to love! He plays Bodhi, a super surfer who is searching for the ultimate ride on the big waves. Only trouble is, he pays for his hobby by robbing Banks, leading the "Ex-Presidents". Sounds like your PC may have been hi-jacked by demonic extraterrestriels and needs some serious healing powers... or at least a cheap anti-virus program.

Can you work in Virginia until the opening near home opens up? If not, maybe you should consider accepting the job in Va. for a couple of reasons.... #1 You need the money now! #2 You will have your foot in the proverbial door, and it also shows you are willing to make that extra effort, and sacrifice a little on your part to do what needs to be done. Although.... that's a lot of roadtime every day, and you'll have to weigh the positive against the negative and make your decision based on the overall picture.

For example: Let's say you're making $12.00 per hour, working an 8 hour day. That's $96 per day right? Not really... if you take in your drive time (3 hours) plus your actual work time (8 hours) that's 11 hours of your time, which means you're actually working for $8.72 per hour, not counting your gas and normal wear and tear on your car.

Personally, I'd take the sure thing - I've done it, and usually discovered that there was a reason that God sent me so far away from home to work. It usually provided opportunities and opened doors I otherwise would have missed-out on.

TTYL