Thursday, September 16, 2004

Thursday Morning,
I awoke before six, and went outside to watch to sky turn pink in the east. I wondered if the ponies ran the beach at that hour, noses up, waiting for the day.
I didn't go look...but, rather, snuggled back in my cloud of a bed, content.
I am back. Truly back. I have changed my screensaver to a picture of Todd and K.,sitting in my front porch swing, wide, sassy grins on their dear faces. I have my nephew, C, coming tonight, with his fiancee.., and a new dryer my sister bought being delivered this morning.
I rearranged the guest room upstairs, and hung lace curtains at the windows, and it's ready for the first overnight guest that i don't know this saturday...a friend of my brother-in-law.
I am calling Rite-Aid today, and I have a crazy hunch of a job elsewhere that i am going to explore.
I am going to enjoy this respite from work, instead of squirming in anxiety about money. For, the truth is, it's not something i can change at this given moment, so, i might as well use the time happily.
Off i go, to a brandnew day...Later.

1 comment:

Flora van Stek said...

yes, there is always a brandnew day, hooray!