Saturday, September 11, 2004

Saturday Morning~~
I guess i never expected to be so homesick. I keep reminding myself that i need to give myself time....time to settle in, time to make this my home. My sister has tried so hard to make me welcome...the strangeness will wear off, right?
I am going to the beach in a few minutes, and walk. I hear a redbird every morning, but i haven't seen him yet....My fingers feel depressed on the keyboard..., how funny!! never heard of depressed fingers before...must be a writer's block type of ailment.,lol...
So, i am taking the advise i have so often given to others...cheer up, get moving, and it will be okay....later.

2 comments:

foxymama said...

Jellybeans! You need jellybeans...nice colorful, interesting tasting jellybeans. I still have a couple left. Shall I 'beam' them over? I'm sorry you're so homesick. I hope you hear from the kids soon...and I hope the waves wash the sadness from your fingers.

Amadeus said...

So nice to see you writing again, I was going through withdrawals, I need my daily dose of the Mermaid. I know homesick - it's kind of like death, only it's not permanent. Nonetheless, the pain can be very similar due to the fact that you feel like you've lost not just one person you loved and cared about, but an entire family, friends, aquaintances, jobs, etc. and it all happens at once! The good news is that the emptiness, loneliness, and fear of an entirely new environment will subside gradually with each passing day. Depressed fingers will clear up once you've gotten settled and comfortable in your new surroundings... trust me. Also, you're right once again. It will be OK!!!