Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sunday Night~~
The house is zen quiet, again. The toys are stored away, the kitchen floor swept and mopped. What a wonderful weekend!! Where to begin? I will begin with the crabfeast on Saturday night...My cousin K went to the Crabs-to-Go takeout (No,i am not kidding)..She and my sister came back lugging a bushel basket FILLED with hot, steamed, spicy crabs...I made corn on the cob...To do a proper maryland crabfeast, first you put newspaper on the table, give everyone a wooden hammer, picks, and beer, (I drank Lemonaid, with a kick)..and then eat your way into exctasy....
Cousin K showed us her method, as a veteran crabaholic, to get to the white, sweet lumpmeat,but, it soon became apparent that everyone develops their own style...
I was in a world of my own, trying not to moan, because to eat a crab was damn near orgasmic for me...Each leg, sucked to taste the spice they cook it in...the little phallic tail you lift up to open the crab; the play of fingers and tongue to ferret out each sweet bite......mnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...I kept my eyes down most of the time, so noone would notice the gleam in my mermaid eye....
And today....making cookies with the girls, giving each of them my favorite angels, one a music snowball, one a fairy angel, to take home....the looks on their faces, as they held out their hands with closed eyes...
Pouring coffee for R, to take home to jersey, our sunday night tradition, with homemade cookies...Planting with J, making our home prettier and prettier...
Sitting on the porchswing, legs tucked, smiling to myself about the joys of family, and food, and love...ahhhhh....sometimes life is so good, sometimes problems can take a backseat, and joy is yours....Later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Tulip...............it sounds like you are having a good time. This pleases me greatly! It is a delight to read your saga of sensory debauch written with nuances of discrimination. When you wish to create and express yourself the universe conspires to assist you ( some words of experience from Barbra Streisand). xoxoxox

Lisa said...

My sage,tantric twin, it's always a pleasure when you surprise me with your company..xxoooo

Amadeus said...

It's Wednesday night.... and I'm having Mermaid withdrawals!! Is your PC down again? I really miss your eloquent assembly of nouns, verbs, prepositions, adverbs, and especially your incomparable use of colorfully descriptive and poiniant adjectives. Your writings make my day.. I get positive energy from your heart-felt notations. Please - I need my fix!

Anonymous said...

As a writer myself, it drives me nuts when people on the internet give out incorrect information and misquote writers or whoever. one of your posters gave an incorrect quote from Barbara Streisand. She was actually quoting the German philosopher Goethe, who said, "once you commit to something, the universe conspires to assist you."