Thursday, September 30, 2004

Thursday Night~~
I have not heard from the Great Kahuna, the bestower of jobs...Somehow i am translating this silence as a edictment of my life...No one loves me, no one appreciates me, no one will be there for me, in the middle of the night.
I know that isn't true.. i know i am loved. But am i loved exclusively,? I think not. I am sad, to sleep alone. I am sad, to go to the grocery store, alone. I am saving myself for R...but...am i deluding myself? I am so low, i wonder, what on earth am i doing? Does he send me sweet notes, or whisper in my ear? Nope. He isn't romantic, i know that....but...if you love a woman, isn't there a way to let her know?
Maybe he just doesn't care. Maybe all any man has ever wanted from me was my...well, let's call it my "lust for life"...
So be it. I will just grow my hair down to my bum, and, once again, for the record, "screw them all". I don't need a mate, i just long for one. I don't need a partner, i just long for one. As my family has always told me..."Lisa, you do much better on your own". Great. just great.
I will be a long haired old lady, cranky, with cats, and a red hat. At least, i will be able to say "screw it!" with authority and regularity. Later.
PS. hard to publish this one...wet eyes, like lazers, cutting thru the maybe's.

3 comments:

Amadeus said...

Reverse the "genders" ... and this could have been written by me. I feel very much the way you do.. exclusively unloved, mostly unappreciated, and very lonely. So don't think that you are not wanted or loved - you are, it's just that the manifestation of that love is not always evident in your day-to-day life. When was the last time that God told you He loves you? You've not heard Him, yet you know He does. With every passing year, it gets more and more difficult for people who have gone through rough times in the past, to accept and adjust to changes in their lives, which is why there are so many single, heartbroken people seeking that one special, exclusive partner. Cardinals are red, the sky is blue... here's a big hug from me to you! Never give up... keep your eye on the prize.

Anonymous said...

Blue Bird says "You are loved"
Blue Bird says "Fear not you are not alone"
Blue Bird says "Cry on my shoulder when you need me"
Blue Bird says "Remember I'll always love you"
Blue Bird says "You are on new life adventure. Embrace it!
Don't run from it"
Blue Bird says "You know and I know that R loves
you and has trouble expressing it at
times, but deep down you love him and he
loves you"
Blue Bird says "Remember you are loved"

Lisa said...

You are all the best therapy a girl could ever want...Thanks, thanks, and thanks some more...