Friday, April 30, 2004

Friday Morning~~~
Still on the run, on the go...Got up at 6am, made sure Justin got off to school, did a few things around the house, went to bank, went grocery shopping, came home and put it all away, blah, blah, blah. Still have a million miles to go, and all i really want to do is plant some flowers, and read a book,after blogging, of course.
Back to what happened on Wednesday. It was a nightmare that no commission salesperson should ever endure. We work on an up system, taking turns with each customer that walks thru the door. I had three customers all day. One was a low-end browser. One was a low-end mattress sale. She was a single mom whose townhouse burned down, and I couldn't steer her towards something expensive, when i knew how poor she was. The third was a high end customer, who had to bring her husband back in.
Pat had 7 customers, all previous be-backs, and ended the day with SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS in sales, to my ittybitty FOUR HUNDRED. I wanted to weep, i wanted to scream, i wanted to shake my fist at God. I stopped my mental ravings, and thought,"what's the lesson here?"I realized the lesson was seeing and correcting the jelousy i was feeling, because it had no positive value in my life. I let it go. God knows what i need. God knows what Pat needs. I just let it go.
One more test was in order, though. The last hour of Wednesday at work I do cleanup/fixup around the store, my personal finish to the work week. A couple that i had sold a bed to 3 years before came in to chat. THEY WOULDN'T TAKE THE HINT TO LEAVE!!And that is why i had to go back to work yesterday, on my day off, to finish up...Jeezzz...At least they invited me to their cabin in the upper pennisula,lol.
I didn't make my numbers, and money is really tight. Good thing i can juggle. I wonder what it would be like to not worry about the basic necessities? Oh, well. Better days are coming.
I talked to a realtor yesterday. I used to work for him in my brief, ill-fated career selling mobile homes. He is just about the smoothest talking devil i know, and has been selling houses for three years now. He would love to sell my house, and gave me a breakdown on what to expect in fees and his commission. 6%!!!!! Holy Cow! I know that is the going rate, but, I don't think i am willing to give up that much money. I can sell beds, why not my house? Perhaps I will have him come do a walk through, tell me his opinion on selling price, and then offer him 1% for his mentorship while i sell it myself....
Today is Rikk's birthday, and he should be coming back from Canada today. I have never made anyone a pumpkin pie for their birthday, but, hey, it's his day, and that's his favorite.
I spoke to my brother, Patti, and my sister Andrea yesterday. I expect the commander(big sister Jan) to call today. She has an unerring ability to know when i am thinking about her.We have to firm up our plans for the visit to Maryland in June.
I see my dreams being a reality soon. I am scared witless, and totally exhilerated, the bravest coward i know., lol.
So much to do!!!! Later..........

No comments: