Sunday, April 04, 2004

"SUNDAY NIGHT"
I am so sleepy...today we changed the clocks ahead an hour...I had a fabulous day at work., i met so many interesting people...Laughed, sold, and learned...Met a guy named john, probably 75 years old, with so many stories to tell., owned a bbq take out joint in downtown Detroit from the mid=sixties til 1985. That was the year he quit,saying, "Only the drunk, foolish, or insane would own a business there"...hmmnn.....He said that the people changed, before, the night people were wild partiers, full of marijuana and alchol and sex...by the time he left, they were murderous....That is what makes me so sad to be an american....we have so much good, but, we are a society that takes violence as we do breathing, necessary for life.....if only we could widen our mentality to accept an attitude less accepting of violence as a way of life....
Just like sex.....we are such prudes, yet, we can show our children point blank murders on tv.....I would rather my children watched raw lovemaking then that...at least there would be some pleasure involved, not death and destruction....We are hypocritical anyway., because people just f..... in private, in shoddy little affairs, while we proclaim public morality.
WHEW! for a sleepy girl, what a rant !
Made my OWN first bbq of the season, still wearing my purple down jacket, lol. Big chunks of tenderloin beef, swewered with raw tomatos, red onion, tomatos, mushrooms and peppers.....Seasoned with wine,garlic, homemade mayonaise, coarse salt, fresh ground black pepper, lime, and a pinch of sugur....
Standing in the cold, watching the sunset, with the scent of spices and beef and lime,mnnnnn..Black as night Link, my 1st kitty, rolling in the new grass, pouncing on the first little moths...White as snow Coconut, my 2nd kitty, sniffing the beef, stalking the bbq, waiting for a bite...
Candlit dinner and great conversation with Justin, The swewered beef served over yellow rice, knowing in that moment as we laughed, and our eyes met, why i never give up loving my children, loving my life....
I will try to remember that, the next time he pisses me off.....
Tonight, early to bed, maybe a nice, long bath, with rich bubbles and candles, and my hair piled atop my head, then slip into my soft,lovely bed...To dream, to smile, and then, to sleep........

No comments: