Monday, April 26, 2004

Monday Morning~~
I don't think this is going to be a soul satisfying write today. In the back of my mind, i am reviewing lists of thing that must be done. There is so much to do to get the house ready to sell. I feel overwhelmed. It is the end of the month, time for the final sales push to get my numbers where they should be.I need to balance the checkbook and juggle some bills. There are clothes to put away, and my nails need doing. The barrage of negativity has been horrendous. At work the boss complains constantly about how slow business has been. No one knows that better the the sales staff, because our income depends on sales. Yet, if you allow yourself to fall into the pity pot, you lose doubly, because a salesperson without enthusiasm is a salesman that makes no sales. Oh, well. I won't allow them to bring me down. I will make it a game today to try to bring everyone at work UP.
Justin has been the other source of negativity lately. His teenage angst has hit an all time high, or should i say low. There is a time for softness and encouragement, and there is a time for stern advice. I gave it to him straight up. Stop whining. Stop pitying yourself. Take care of your body. Take care of your room. Get a job. You want to grow up, these are the steps you need to take. I hope he takes my advice, because the time is drawing near for me to go, and if he doesn't like my rules, he can live on his own and live life the way he pleases.
Time for a shower.I thank God for the warmth of water, the scent of soap, the chance for a new day. Later.

No comments: