Thursday, July 15, 2004

thurs. morning
I should have worn a helmut and full body gear. Good news, i am not fired, yet. He spent an hour, telling the three of us that he spent three hours yesterday with the labor relations board, and if anyone tried to oppose him,"He would go after them, and crush them like a grape". He said he got rid of his partner, he settled sbc, and the old owner, B., and we were small fish to fry. He said he had a specialized lawyer ready to sue, and files on each one of us, filled with insubordination, that he kept"off the premises". He said he was working a new deal with the old owner, and that he already had replacements for each one of us.
BOOM! was like a shotgun, fired in the face. No one said a word, except Pat, and he was quickly silenced. He told us if we didn't like it, we could leave right now. He said he has been working with people he meet on his owner trip to Aruba, and that new people brought in would be on a much different, lower, commission scale. He also said that he had feelers out for new salespeople, and "he would appreciate it if we told them to come in a fill out an application, if they called."
And that, dear friends, is why i despise window-dressing Christians. Yup, he goes to church every week, and bible study weekly. I know what he really is.
I prayed before the meeting, that God would allow the best possible outcome for all involved. I kept a rosary hidden in my hand, and managed to keep my mouth shut. I just have to stay until the refinance is done.
I feel so sorry for gary and pat, today. I got to leave, to finish cleaning up the house for the appraisal. They had to stay, to try selling themselves, the company, and the product, after been told that we are trash, easily replaced., and ruined financially in the process.
Sigh. Is this a life theme, here for me? Seems my birthday week is never a pleasant one...Oh, well. The sun is shining, the day is still young, and i will keep rolling with the punches, and make the best of it all. Keep me in your prayers....later.

No comments: