Friday, June 11, 2004

Friday morning~~
Still raining,gently, and cool. I usually think it's a cosmic slap when it rains on my day off, but today i am accepting it as a sign to keep working inside.I came across a photo tucked into a book while i was sorting yesterday. It was me, standing on a rocky incline in Greece, when i was 22. An ancient column to my left,an expanse of blue sky behind me.I am looking squarely at the camera,and a wind blows my skirt and hair. I am smiling faintly, confidently. Today, there is no ancient column, no windswept sky, but i am the same woman today as then. Ready to adventure, still able to smile. Later....

1 comment:

Amadeus said...

Sorry it's raining on your day off Lisa... I know too well that feeling of a wasted day without sun. The best of plans washed away like sandcastles with the incoming tides. Still better than being at work slaving in a hot mattress factory or a frigid train yard lined with an endless ribbon of icy-cold steel. Still waiting for your call.