Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Wednesday Night~~ it's late for me, and i am very tired. I read a blog tonight that made me very sad, and it made me think of something that happened yesterday that made me sad, too. A woman came into the store, harried, blonde,no makeup..She looked distracted, yet intent, a woman on a mission. Great, i thought, "another low-end sale". Shame on me. I am there to help, to facilitate, regardless of wheither it is 200 dollars or two thousand. She wanted a sturdy wooden daybed, and we picked one out together. She gave the daybed a firm shake, and decided it would be perfect. Then she told me her story....
It was for her daughter, 21. A pixie girl, with long brown hair and smiling dark eyes. She had seizures, and last sunday had been a record, 56 in a 24 hour period. She didn't have long left to live, and her mom wanted her safe and comfortable.
I tried to write the invoice, but my eyes were filled up. Her daughter had a bad dose of serum as a baby, and it had caused massive damage. I thought of my own situations, my worries about my children, and realized how lucky i was. I saw God's hands, opened wide,showing me, once again, all i have to be thankful for.
I told her i would pray for her daughter., and i thanked her. Angels come in so many different ways. We just have to open our hearts...and see.
Later.

1 comment:

Amadeus said...

Now you've filled my eyes also. That may have been an angel in disguise sent in to test you. You passed! B.T.D.T.