Thursday, June 24, 2004

Thursday nite~~
There is nothing like a warm little pussycat asleep on your lap.Little orange kitty is snuggled up, and i love it. I couldn't wait to get home and write...the last two days were tough ones at work. I had a comfort return yesterday, which means you have to help someone choose a new mattress, find a way to not LOSE money by them choosing a less expensive set, and do it as quickly as possible so you don't lose an "up" while you are doing it. Handled alot of customer service issues too, and followed up with manufacturers.
Today, my first task was to process another cancelation...a king tempurpedic set of mine...2,ooo dollars , POOF! gone from my commission. What can you do? i could have let it make me miserable, but, a salesperson who looks defeated IS defeated, so i kept up my spirits. Twin after twin mattress sales "What's your cheapest twin?" was the mantra today...while Pat had people coming in saying "I need two queen sets, one for me and one for my wife, and a full set for the guest room"..JEEESHHHHHH! I still did my best, and kept my faith that God will take care of me tucked tight to my heart, because, somehow, He always does.
The ultimate temptation came at five minutes to nine pm, just FIVE minutes before closing time. One of Garry's customer's came in with his card to show her husband the bed she had looked at on tuesday with him. For a minute, i was tempted...It would have been so easy to chat them up, have them try a few more beds, and take half the sale.Doing the wrong thing is so easy to rationalize..."but he has stolen so much from me!" "but, i gave him extra ups tuesday because he couldnt sell a thing!" The bottom line is, two wrongs don't make a right. I wrote up the sale in his name, only.God will take care of me, right? sigh....later.

No comments: