Saturday, June 05, 2004

Saturday Morning~~~
I slept deep,and entered that secret world of dreams where all rules of reality are broken. I was in my house, though it didn't look like my house. I walked to the window, and examined the white curtains. They were bulky and didn't fit the window frame, and i ran my hand along the wall. Embedded under the flowered wallpaper i found an intentation of the original curtain rod.It excited me, and i planned on tearing off the wallpaper to get to the original...I disolved into a field, where a little darkhaired girl waved to me excitedly. Her father was a movie producer,filming an empty ballfield behind a metal fence. I helped her pick a bouquet of wildflowers,beautiful daisies and tiny buttercups and a large,tuliplike blossom. I handed them to her, and she ran to offer them to her father, bursting with happiness.....I dissolved again, this time to another house. Again it belonged to me, and i looked at it with a restless eye. The basement stair was unsafe, hanging by one nail. Could i fix it? A group of people entered the house, and one fixed the stair instantly. We were a test group,each given specific tasks to accomplish as part of our mission. I was told what to do, but i couldn't hear. "What?" i said. Two more times i asked.The person handling out the tasks looked at me and shook her head in disgust. I felt my being raise up in anger, and i gave her a tongue lashing that made everyone become silent. She apologized, and gave me my assignment. I knew she didn't expect the lion to emerge from my meek demeanor previously, and my tasks were amended.Dissolved again....and i was out performing my tasks..They were physical, mental and emotional. I was crafty like a fox, alone,and determined. The few of us that passed to the finals were given a final task. We had to sit, eyes closed, and have a personal encounter with the animals chosen that best fit our talents and personalities. I was frightened...would i open my eyes to a snake, a tiger, a lion? When i opened my eyes,nestled against my legs were a collection of small woodland creatures..rabbits and groundhogs and a beaver. I sat still, and they somehow nourished themselves against me. My eyes closed again, and when i opened them, i felt peaceful and powerful. The woodland creatures were gone,and my white cat was in their place. I woke up for real then, hot and covered in a sheen of sweat, like i had been running. Crazy dream, eh? Later......

No comments: