Friday, July 30, 2004

Friday Night~~
Just home from work..what a rotten attitude i had all day. I felt anger seeping out of my very pores. I mumbled nasty little comments under my breath, and when i was washing my hands in the ladies room, i glanced up and scared myself.YIKES!!such a sulky,stern face staring back at me.
I have to change my evil ways,because if i am determined to work one more month, then i damn well better do it to the best of my ability, and leave proud of myself.It doesn't matter if the boss is unfair, it doesn't matter if they have a boys club and i am not invited, it doesn't matter if Deb is the undisputed queen,smugly superior. All that says is that i am having a problem with feeling like a victim, feeling left out, and feeling jeleous. I can't change them, but i can change myself.
Tomorrow morning before i go in i am going to take a walk at dawn, rain or shine. I am going to wear pink and pearls to work, and take extra care with my makeup. I am going to find things to laugh about, and practice the art of forgiveness.I am going to count my blessings, count down the days, and make the most of it all.
I was really too pissy to even write tonight...but, i feel better now. I can see my intentions flowing across the paper. I am going to walk out to the pepper patch in my barefeet, in the dark, and make some nice fresh salsa for the kids. I am going to drink my ice water in a crystal glass, with lots of ice and a wedge of lemon. Diana Kroll on the CD player, while i take a vanilla scented bubblebath.
I think i need hugs. I think i need kisses. The bath will have to do...later.

1 comment:

Amadeus said...

Here are your hugs and kisses.... OOXOXXOOOXOOOOXOOXOXOOOOOXXOOO Unfortunately, they're cyber hugs and kisses, but in spirit it was from the heart.

Hang in there sweet mermaid, even though you're under tons of stress from all directions, your burdens will lighten in the coming months, and your present worries will vanish like an ice cube in hot water.