Monday, July 12, 2004

Monday Night~~
Sorry, everybody. I want to write happy, i want to write funny, but, i am not a happy camper..(AGAIN,sigh). Work...what can i say? I took the 5,000 or so lost in comissions in stride, all in the day of a salesman, but...today...
The crazies are coming out of the woodwork...Just finished with the old-lady-adjustable bed debacle, and here comes two more on a deadrun. 1. Wants to return her 2,300 Serta because it is "not performing properly" causing "marital interruptis and "lack of sleep" OMIGOD???What was i, an axe murderer in my past life????? Of course, IF i can get the boss to take it back, there is another hit. I said i would forgo commission on the replacement bed, and just take the spiff..But, who knows? I don't care anymore..2.Legitimate comfort return, on one of the few remaining companies that will allow us to do it...But, she has come in FIVE TIMES, taking all my "ups", wallowing from bed to bed., driving me INSANE. To top it off, the boss just came back, and said" WE DON"T GIVE COMFORT RETURNS!!!" as i tried to explain that, yes, we did give them for that particular bed in the end of april. So, Just Shoot Me. sigh.
And then, the BEST part...I went into Deb's office, and asked (sick premonition, i guess)" SO, is Dave taking any money out of my commission check that i don't know about yet?" She had the grace to hang her head. Yup, you guessed it. Remember the little old lady, that they took the bed back from? The one they charged 250.00 dollars to pick it up and cancel the order? Well, they are taking 200.00 from my check, to try to recoup more money on their loss. I might have had BIG issues with the way the old owner treated me regarding sales, but, NEVER did he take money away from me. Lord, give me strength.

2 comments:

Blap said...

oh girl...
sigh
just think "TIDE"...
it comes in
it goes out
just like money
just like bad days
just like men
j/k...
cheer up buttercup
tomorrow is a new day*

Amadeus said...

You have much more self control than I would given the events that have transpired with you at work! Seems to me that the manufacturer of the merchandise should eat the cost since it was their product that the customer was unhappy with in the first place. And if they don't, maybe it's time to let them know that unless they will stand behind what they build, you'll switch to another supplier. I know too well how giving back your commission and (or) spiff hurts really deep down inside. It has to get better!! (Today's the 13th.)