Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Tuesday Night~~
I am so humbled, and thankful, for all of you who take the time to care about my life. How lucky am i?
First of all, just a bit of today..I read anonymous and Kari's posts monday night, but, i spoke with Rikk via IM,and i wanted so badly to connect with him, that i planned on writing in my blog this morning, instead of my nightly postings...
Didn't happen. I turned on the computer, and a loud, warning beep! beep! beep! was all i got. The cats were wrapping my ankles, i hadn't made coffee yet...and my first thought was "uh-oh". First things first, coffee on, babies fed, then back to the beeps...Dug out the computer papers, and called...I got a lovely lady named Anna, and, half awake, her speaking with a pronouned accent(Indian, i think), she intructed me to unscrew the back of the computer, locate and take out the memory card, and then pull the plugs to the mouse and keyboard. Sounds simple, eh? God bless her patience, as i opened the back of the computer with a butter knife. God bless her patience as she explained what a memory board looked like. God bless her patience as she told me what color the cords were to the mouse and keyboard. We figured it out...dead keyboard....and they would ship me one in 3-6 business days...in the meantime, i had 20 minutes left to shower, dress, put on my makeup for work, and the kitty's were having a ball, oj biting my toes, coconut trying to explore the inside of the computer, and link sliding over the warranty papers. sigh.
Off to work i went, but, just before i left, the electric company called, saying, "if i didn't pay EIGHTY DOLLARS RIGHT NOW"...well, you get the drift...
Worked 11 hours, nonstop, wild bed sales, the most the store has made in over a month, and God saw fit that most of it was cash and carry for my sales, way past my expectations for the end of the month....Justin called midway, to tell me that the refigerator was broken, and by the way...the cats broke my antique blue/green candy bowl, and, did the vaccumn ALWAYS blow dust out the side. sigh.
So, the repairman is coming thursday morning to fix the frig, the lights are still on, and i am SURE Mr. Phillips and i can fix the vaccumn one more time.
And this is before i even address what's REALLY in my heart.....back in a few....OH! forgot to say..i am able to type this post because...packrat that i am..i had an old keyboard in the closet...and now that i know where a keyboard plug goes....I AM WRITING!

1 comment:

Blap said...

Ah my packrat...i miss you-but i have to say i was cracking up at your hectic day-i'm so glad to know you