Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Tuesday Night~~
I didn't get to write this morning, because my sister called, and i preferred talking to her...though, all the while, sentences raced in my head...When people talk to me, i do some weird mental exercises...I translate their stories.. saving, cataloging, editing,writing them, deep inside.Some i would never tell, because they gave me their deepest heart, and that is sacred, other bits, i use, enjoy, taste, delight in.
Today was such a PEOPLE day...Glorious!!! The young girl, Leah, who needed a job, sleeping on blankets in an empty apartment, that i hooked up with a waitress job...only to find her Dad owns a resort in the Upper Pennisula..(she didnt want to ask him for more money)The woman that cried on the phone...telling me a horror story of beatings, sexual abuse, and illness, while i listened, dumbfounded, wondering how in the world i got into the conversation, helplessly praying for her....(it all started out with her asking for the cheapest twin mattress)..The lady who i sold a bed to, over a year ago, that had a comfort return, and we exchanged it for the bed that I own,(not MY bed, the same model) that told me her new boyfriend had to have the exact bed, for when she slept at his house....only to find she ran a plant business, and will hire justin for the summer...The list goes on and on.....and at the same time, i had a very good sales day, did my ordering, revamped the futon room, and helped edit the advertising and give my imput on changes within the commission structure...
I am so tired my eyes are crossed....I made a new friend, too...a rep for a furniture company that has given us some serious delivery trials...
He is sending me a (GUESS WHAT!) cardinals t-shirt...because he lives in St. Louis....i will wear the shirt proudly....
Baby kitty is doing his nursing/thumb thing...jeeeshhh...what's a mother to do? Later......

1 comment:

Amadeus said...

That's what I miss most about being in sales.. you meet the most interesting people, and really get a true taste of how life is in the real world. A world of real people, with real life decisions that have to be made based on the amount of money they are able to part with for something that they really need. I'm babbling... sorry. Keep up the great writing.. you're better than any books I've ever read!