Friday, May 28, 2004

Friday Night~~
i am wearing my favorite nightgown, barest of pink from endless washings, with 20 little seed pearls sown into the bodice. Rikk's heavy white robe is sashed around my waist, to warm me against the chill spring air and to feel him close.
The asian fish recipe never had a chance. My neighbor, Barb, has been begged me for some stuffed cabbage, ever since i brought her some last winter. They are so good and kind to me, that, it was time to return the favor. Besides, i LOVE to feed people. I made mine special, without the rice, to stick to my diet., but, the mashed potatoes lured me in with their wicked creamyness, and seduced me with their taste.
Oh, well...i wanted to be a nun once, too...but i bet i would have broken THOSE vows, too. Now my belly is full, and if i was a cat I'd be purring. It's okay, i am seeing this more as a lifestyle, not a diet., and i will be damned if i give up mashed potatoes forever.
The boys ate, and left...J. is going camping, T. is going gallivanting.I am content in my clean, quiet house, with just the birds quietly saying goodnight to the day, and my water in my favorite crystal goblet.I am going to grab the kitten and go snuggle up....a long, peaceful sleep, because tomorrow, well tomorrow, who knows? Later.

No comments: