Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Wednesday Night~~
This is usually the start of my weekend, but, because i had last Sunday off., i work one more day. I gave this day to God, letting go of any anxious thoughts of my sales, my life. I gave up my daily calculations and assessments, and just let God do the driving. I wish i could do it everyday, but i guess i am not spiritually advanced enough. I had amazing sales today, over my quota. Was it because my prayers were answered? Or was it just that i was relaxed enough not to worry about them? Who knows..but, i choose to feel blessed. At the end of the day, Pat's sales came fast and hard, and he beat me. I started to doubt that God was taking care of me, but, i remembered my prayer, that whatever happened was in God's hands., and i let go of it. I found myself happy for him, crazy as it seems, and finished up cheerful and thankful for my own good sales.
The best part of my day? I had alot of lovely little moments, like toes in a warm puddle after the rain, but the best was holding my kitten when i got home.I felt his tawny little fur, and stroked him as he lay against my chest and purred. So tiny, so soft, so happy just for the warmth of my skin and the beating of my heart. I felt myself slip into an exquisite peace, and only put him down to type. We can heal ourselves, if we just take the ingredients we have, and combine them into happiness.
The next time i am raging, or sorrowing, or doubting, i will reread this post, and remember my own wisdom...later...........

No comments: