Saturday, May 01, 2004

Saturday Morning~~~
It is cool and rainy this morning, and i don't mind at all. Everything is a shade of green, a springtime salad good enough to eat.I have to go to work in a bit, but the house in quiet for once, so here i am.
Does everyone need time to be alone, to drawn within to regain strength? I think i could go months without speaking to a soul, and be happy. That is part of my enigma, because i truly enjoy people, and yet i am a loner at heart.
Yesterday that solitude was not to be had. I went to a car auction preview with J.Both boys need a car, so there i was, amidst rough and grumble mechanics and used car dealers, looking at cheap but decent cars for the boys. I guess i should have taken off my pearls before i went, perhaps they were a bit out of place.
Beneath their roughness and the F word sprinkled liberally in their conversations with me, i learned how the auction process works. They said "they'd be lookin' for the redhead with the wild hair" at the auction itself. That's at 10am today, so, i have to get to work, ask to leave for an hour, and go . Wonder if i will be able to pull THIS escapade off! I am a MOM, not a dad....but, then again, i guess i have been a little of both all these years, sigh.
Got back from the auction preview, and Todd asked if his construction buddies could come hang out in the backyard and drink a couple of beers. I gave a reluctant yes, (losing that solitude!). After an hour, i told him i couldnt take it anymore. They are all so, so ....male and loud!Their testosterone level is so high at 22 that i was afraid i'd grow a mustache just walking by.
Todd knew my patience was gone, and he swept me up in his arms and said"Dance with me, Momma". I was listening to Louie Armstrong, and we swayed and twirled and dipped to the big band beat. I looked up at my tall handsome son, my manchild, and my heart wept as i smiled. Where did my little boy go? I hope i have taught him well, the important things, to love, to laugh, to live...because i know he is ready to journey on. I will never forget our dance.
Off i go, to get ready for work.

No comments: