Saturday, May 08, 2004

Saturday Evening~~
Just got home from work a bit ago...SUPRISE!! The boys cleaned the house for Mother's Day..and Matt, unofficial son #3, brought over his blower and did the porch, and all the little helicopters from the maple trees in the front yard.
I seem to collect needy little girls...me, mother of only boys...Little 7 year old Morgan, newly moved in next door, has replaced the former 2 little girls next door. She runs for me as soon as my hand hits the car door home. Maybe it's because i let them pick my flowers? Tulips in the hand of a little girl are better then in a vase, anyway. I learn all about their mother's operations, boyfriends, and the boogiemen that plague their nights. I just got a call yesterday from the chef's wife at my former job...Their daughter, Sammy, became my littlest best buddy, and she is having emotional problems....Where in God's name will i find time to be with her, to listen, to talk? But i will....Maybe it's because i was such a little misfit myself. I can relate. I can empathize. I can listen, even if i can't make it all better. I think i am still a misfit. I don't feel normal, i dont think i even act normal. But when i love, i love with everything i have, and thats my path, i guess.
Got to get out of this suit, and in some jeans. No, maybe my dusty gardening sweats, because i have a date with morgan, planting the last of the white petunias...later.......

No comments: