Thursday, May 06, 2004

Thursday Night!!
Well, i was supposed to throw stuff out, instead i bought more. I went on a search for the perfect flowers for the front flower bed, the side flower bed, the flower bed by the back door, the old wooden barrel, the chair with the chipped enamal bowl....the vegetables..I went to 7 different places, so odd for me, because i am not just chosing for myself...I am chosing for the woman who buys my house. I want her to love walking outside early in the morning,i want her to heartsing to the purple and pink and candystriped petunias, I want her to pick juicy red tomatoes and fresh basil for her sauces...ah...i guess i just want her to enjoy this house, live this house, like ME.
For all i know, they will tear down this 1926 beauty, and build a crackerjack cutout, because of the proximity to the lake. Lake Elizabeth is the largest private lake in Oakland County, which is the richest county in Michigan.
Its so funny, i have always lived in the richest areas, and been poor! Ah, well....I don't need to own it to know the value or beauty of things, i just have to enjoy it...
Rikk is a silent ghost, walking with me. I miss his smile, his steady-ness, his partnership. I am making the transition from partner to warbride, and its a sad path.
I have bought a dress for Maryland. It is so pretty. White background, soft and flowing, with hotpink, lime green, orange flowers. It has a matching scarf, but, i am going to wind it into my hair. I hope the wind blows that day, because i know i will be swaying to the wind of a new life. I tried to pick out shoes, which is hard with my painful feet., because i want the highest of heels, and i know its just not practical. I asked for help from a big, black lady. I love the glorious sense of drama many black women have. They dont care if they weigh 120 or 210, they are going to look GOOD. In 3 seconds she had my shoes picked out, clucking over my foot problem, and understanding my need for sexy, sweet shoes. She nodded thoughtfully as i held the dress to the shoes...and proclaimed"Girl., you are looking goooooood." It was enough for me. THe whole outfit cost 30 dollars. Shoulda spent it on bills. Glad i spent it on me......Lataer..........

No comments: