Monday, May 03, 2004

Monday Morning~~
I have just returned from a walk around my yard. White pearblossom petals are drifting prettily from the tree next door, and the air is cold and clean. I see Rikk everywhere,from the bamboo stakes where he planted sunflowers to surprise me, to the swiss chard he planted next to the garage wall. I will have to put away his white bathrobe from the hook on my bedroom door, and take down my 21 mermaid pictures from the wall to my right. These reminders are just too painful to see.
Yes, life goes on. Mermaid in the current? More like mermaid in a typhoon, right now. The best thing to do in a typhoon is to ride the waves, not fight them, until calmer seas prevail. Love isn't lost from adversity, just strengthened.
Time to call in some favors. All the teenage boys I have mentored, given a place to live, and feed all these years can help me fix up the house. Starting with my own two sons. I WILL get the house sell-ready, and I WILL continue to work hard and make money, and find a way to be happy, not mournful, in the process.
It could be worse, it can always be worse! So, i will look to the future, and enjoy the pearblossoms, and ride out the typhoon with faith.
Later.........

No comments: