Sunday, May 09, 2004

Sunday Morning~~
After my earlier post, i walked the backyard in the gray early morning mist. A owl hooted mournfully, and a redbird trilled backup. I went inside and got my keys, and drove over to Swan Park. I was all alone, and waiting for magic. I felt like i had stepped in an oriental watercolor,all awash in soft, damp green and blue. The sun came out as i walked,and the birds were like a marketplace opening, with shouted hellos as they got on with the business of the day. I walked to a tree massed with hot pink flowers, and rested their blossoms against my nose. Heavenly sweet,and the moisture captive from the night ran down my cheeks like tears. I felt my mother next to me, and we walked along the water's edge. I looked for the swans, absent this morning. And there they were, but not they, only one, swimming towards me. "where is your mate?" i asked quietly, feeling a bit crazy talking to a swan.. He just kept swimming closer to the shore. I stood my ground, hoping i wasn't near his nest, because they are fierce warriors protecting their families. He came within three feet of me, looked me dead in the eye, and slowly nodded his neck, turned and swam away. I walked on, filled with the sweet scent of spring, the warmth of the emerging sun, the song of the hundreds of birds. Nature's church...the glory of God in action.
Into the shower and off to work i go.....later.

No comments: