Saturday, May 29, 2004

Saturday Morning~~
It's goregeous outside, one of those crystal clear days, when everything seems in sharper focus,brighter.I am listening to Clannad,a celtic group. I don't want to go back to work today. I don't want to look at any of their faces,I don't want to hear any of their voices, and i don't want to be on the selling stage. This is a bad attitude, and it's going to take alot of prayer to change the way i am feeling. Suddenly, i am reminded of one of my many past jobs. I was 28,living in Florida. Todd was a baby, and i got a job in a fancy bar down near the racetrack.The bartenders there made a ton of money, but there was a catch. We were all attractive women, and the uniform was a tiny little bikini that i could hold in one hand. I hated it! I hated having to flirt for my money, and especially hated bending over, because everytime i did, something threatened to fall out. I would drag myself to work, getting in at the last possible second,and fly out the door at the earliest moment. I lasted 5 days., even though i really needed the money, and had no other job lined up. Maybe the lesson there was to follow my heart, to not be afraid, because something better will come up. It's harder now, because experience makes me more cautious about throwing things to the wind. I am still going to, though....only this time, i will have a backup. Into the shower i go, to wash away my negativity, and whisper affirmations under the warmth of the water...later.

No comments: