Friday, August 06, 2004

Friday Night~~
I am home!! Home to my messy-but-they-tried-to-clean-it house, home to my coconut, my link, my little oj...Home to my shasta daisies and hollyhocks and that wonderful,luscious bed of mine.Home to big hugs from both my boys, eyes that say i love you. And the slice of cold pizza in the fridge wasn't too shabby, either.
I went to canada with fire in my eyes...i didn't know whether i wanted to fight or make love...i just knew i had to see his face,feel his arms wrapped around me, and i would know.
His mum and dad had belated birthday presents for me, and, as always, welcomed me with open arms. I know they don't know what to do with my exuberant hugs and kisses...they just take them, with a goofy look on their face, like someone offered them chocolate ice cream instead of porridge for breakfast.
I wanted to spend the night in a motel..a night with a shower built for two, a night of private passion..but, i couldn't summon the courage to decline his parents insistance that i stay with them...sigh.
We got our timmies coffees, we sat in the park, we kissed, and made up for our SLAM dunk fight. To be honest, i am the fighter...it's hard to fight with someone who just answers everything quietly and logically, and many times, doesn't even know what he has done wrong. It's the perfect approach for dealing with me...it gives my hot-blooded Italian temper time to cool down, because i have to stop and think.
We found a way to be private, but, that's a secret..(smile).
I rode home in peace, renewed, and ready for anything. Time to curl into my bed, to smile my secret smiles, and say prayers of thankfulness for my little escape.
Can't wait to write tomorrow! Later....

2 comments:

Amadeus said...

Welcome home!

foxymama said...

This is my first time here at your blog. You write very well...just pulled me right on in. Welcome back home...sounds like a nice place to be...