Monday, August 09, 2004

Monday Morning~~
I woke at 5am today,with a rustle outside the window.A skunk, nose in the knocked over garbage can. I always pay attention to the animals i see unexpectedly...each have their own wisdom and teaching to impart. From a shamanism website i like:Skunk's wisdom includes reputation, sensuality, self respect, courage, will power, and self confidence.
Just the things i need today, to give notice at work. I hate confrontations, i hate rocking the boat..but, rock it i will, because a new life awaits J. and I.

". . . He set my feet on solid ground and steadies me as I walked along. "

Psalm 40:1-2 NLT
That was the daily bible phrase i just recieved in an email today...Hmmnn, between the skunky visit and the psalm, i guess i don't have to worry about much, today.
It has really hit me that the serious countdown has begun...This time next month, i will be typing from my rose colored bedroom in maryland, looking out to the maple tree in the backyard, with the wind blowing in through the high windows.
It is in maryland that i will start my novel. I am mentally turning over story lines, and titles, as i wash dishes, and sell beds, and pack. This blog has been wonderful for me, a written expression of desire and disapline, concrete evidence that i can write.
Time to pay some bills, have one more coffee, and off to work i go.

2 comments:

Amadeus said...

As long as you promise to continue to write from your rose colored bedroom in Maryland, because I would be very disappointed if you stopped. Even though I don't always comment on your daily adventures, I thoroughly enjoy every artistically descriptive sentence you compose. And by the way... happy birthday to "J".

Lisa said...

Thank you, amadeus...i love when you DO comment...and, yes, from the rose colored bedroom, and the walks by the sea...i can't wait to write......