Sunday, August 01, 2004

Sunday Morning~~
Glorious morning out...brilliant skies, like sapphires and emeralds in the palm of the sky. Mozart on the cd player, and peace in my heart. I think i walked with angels in my sleep last night; I awoke feeling like i had been taken on a journey,whispered instructions, and deposited gently back to my bed. "Feel" is the operative word...for surely such things don't exist..or do they?
When i was traveling, that year i was 22, I was alone on a rooftop in Marrekech. The hotel was called the CTM, and you walked up a narrow stairwell to the roof. It was dark, and i wanted to see the stars in the city called "gateway to the desert".
I laid down on a wooden beam, and looked up at the luminous display above me.The city noises faded, and it was just me and the sky. I lost my perspective of the distance between myself and the stars, indeed i felt like i was getting closer to them.The reality shift scared me, and i saw myself above the girl on the beam, and with a heartthumping bump,i slammed back down into her.
Did i fall asleep and dream it? I don't know...but the experience left me forever wondering where i travel when i sleep..
Ten essential boxes of books packed. My books, my photos, my bed, my pots and pans, i realize that i don't need much to make a home. Flowers on the table look just as wonderful in a mason jar then in crystal..It's all just "stuff", not who we are.
The beach is calling me louder now. Before it was just a whisper, just a tease. The waves are getting more intense, i can hear them crashing on the shore. I feel like a horse in the gate, waiting for the GO!
Oh, boy...forgot what time it was!! Shower, work, later...

No comments: