Sunday, August 15, 2004

Sunday, last post for the night~~
Ok. I went to the movie. Just like i like it, in my seat as the first scene unfolds. HUGE popcorn, extra butter, with a coke, comfortably ensconsed on my lap.
Didn't take long to figure out the plot, or my snickers at the hero..in this case, a young, black female., leading a bunch of men. Give me a break, someone, please. What was it, some regulation for equality in heros, so they decided to do it all in one fell swoop? Young, (yup, no age discrimination) black(we would NEVER discriminate based on race) and, for good measure, let's make her FEMALE.
Not that i think a woman couldn't do it. Not that i think a BLACK woman couldn't do it. Not that i think a YOUNG person, who happens to be black and young couldn't do it. I guess what i resent is that it's being shoved down our throat by a bunch of people in a boardroom, trying to be politically correct, and while they cover THAT angle, the movie itself is about as clever a plot as a clod of dirt. (though the graphics weren't bad.)
So, i had the plot and ending in about 5 minutes, but, the popcorn was good, and the company wasn't bad, either. I kept saying to myself" you go girl! look at you! you don't need a guy to go to a movie!"
My assertive high was quickly snuffed out when the movie was over, and the lights went up. OH MY GOD!
As the theater cleared, i realized there was no one in the theater over, at the most, 16. No one in the theater alone, either. No one in the theater that was Old, Female, or ALONE. My euphoria faded quickly, and i lost all courage.
I did a slouching duck walk, trying not to tower above them. I blended myself admirably into one tribe of kids, with stuck up hair, lots of piercings, and way too much flesh for a mom to condone in a cold movie theater.
I made it almost to the outside door, and caught curious stares from my "tribe"and a few mumbled"is that YOUR mom?"...I hit the door running, and beat it out the parking lot before ANY of them.
Experience counts for something, i guess. I can beat a quicker retreat then the best among them..
Next movie alone, will be something more sedate. later.

No comments: