Thursday, August 26, 2004

Thurday Morning~~
Five hours sleep is just not enough anymore..Woken by J., fighting with his girlfriend sometime after 12AM..Everyone's emotions are running high right now, and i just want to muzzle the lot of them. I sat out in the dark on the front porch swing, listening to the crickets and cicadas, mourning the loss of harmony,AND the loss of sleep.
I am not going to dinner tonight with my old friend..He is my ex-husbands best friend, i don't like the feeling i get in my stomach about his motives. If it is purely to say goodbye, as he says, well, he can come over the house and say goodbye as i pack..i have no time now for superficiality or games. My ex? He has some terrible bridges to rebuild with his children..It took me years to stop taking care of him, stop protecting him, all the while being a "good little wife". If he wants to see them, he can damn well figure out how to do it himself. If they want to see Him, they can damn well figure how to see him, too. I am out of it.
J. told me in the middle of the night that he wants to stay here and pursue his music. He can live with one of the bandmember's and his mom. (This was the Plan 2 i secretly worked out in july with the mom)He says he will finish his education, get a job he can walk to, and save money for his own car. He says that his band is his dream, and he has to follow that dream. He is 18 now...i can't drag him by his hair to maryland. I am moving his furniture anyway. He asked for his bed, but I said no. He can have the old queen set in the garage, and i will get him a new mattress pad. He has to make his own bed, now.
Things change from day to day anyway. He wants to make the trip to maryland, stay a month, and then return to michigan. Perhaps he will fall in love with the beach, and Ocean City, mecca for young people and music.
If i have learned anything, i have finally learned that now matter how you much you love, protect, and sacrifice, you can't make those you love follow any path but their own. Sigh. Later.

3 comments:

foxymama said...

I think sometimes that it's harder for us than it is for them. But we grow up along with them... Our report cards come in when they hit about 30 or so. It's amazing any of us survive when you get to thinking about it... I sympathize and I empathize...and I'm envious of the front porch swing. Oh, how I should love one of those. In fact, it sounds lovely there.

Lisa said...

Dear FoxyMama, how far away are you? I would gladly give you a swing..i have two...one deep in the backyard, by the wishing well, and the front porch swing, with that lovely little creak, as u pushoff, barefoot, against the porch. Thank you, from my heart, for the delayed grades..30? thank god, i still have at the minimum, 8 years, till the grades come in.
why can't i just spank the hell out of him? If i was a man, i think i would. As a woman, and a mother, i tend to use more suble methods...uh, can cajoling, listening, reasoning, and finally, harping, guilting, and plain old nagging be considered subtle? Lost in moving delirium here....Wish i had a few pounds of jellybeans to keep me going.....xxxLisa

foxymama said...

Southern New Hampshire... Yeah, those things are considered fair game in the battle at hand. ~;^) Better hurry over... the j'beans are going fast. ~;^)